Wednesday, November 5, 2014

094. Memorize a poem





101 things IV


094. Memorize a poem

I started to memorize this poem a while back...from another 101 Things.....I can remember some of it but not all.
I really like this one and want to be able to cite it from memory.

No Loser, No Weeper by Maya Angelou

" I hate to lose something," then she bent her head,
"even a dime, I wish I was dead. I can't explain it. No more to be said.
'Cept I hate to lose something."

"I lost a doll once and cried for a week.
She could open her eyes, and do all but speak.
I believe she was took, by some doll-snatching sneak.
I tell you, I hate to lose something."

"A watch of mine once, got up and walked away.
It had twelve on it and for the time of day.
I'll never forget it and all I can say is I really hate to lose something."

"Now if I felt that way 'bout a watch an a toy,
What you think I feel 'bout my lover-boy?
I ain't threatening you, madam, but he is my evenings joy.
And I mean I really hate to lose something."

No comments:

Post a Comment